On 5/1/05, Jason Sweat <jason.sweat / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/1/05, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk / gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/1/05, Balwinder Singh Dheeman <bsd.SANSPAM / cto.homelinux.net> wrote:
> > > Stats comp.lang.ruby (last 7 days)
> > >
> > > Top 10 posters for the period:
> > >
> > > rank posts kbytes  name <address>
> > >    1    33   73.2  Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk / gmail.com>
> >
> > <snip>
> >

> > > DISCLAIMER
> > > Please, take these stats with a dash of salt, quantity might not always
> > > imply any quality.
> >
> > What the hell is that supposed to mean??!
> >
> > <cries>
> >

> Lookup last weeks post
> (http://www.ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/139680), it
> may shed greater insight on this disclaimer ;)

That thought had crossed my mind too, but I still read the disclaimer
as if it applied to the quantity of the stats themselves.

Of course, this reminds me of the comments thread and the ambiguity of
english, as I have no idea what BSD's 'intent' was, and now I see it
could be taken either way.  Perhaps that's for the best.

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)