Always something I've wanted to write - an interpreter of my own.  Now
I'm not likely to produce the next 'Ruby', but the recent announcement
of Fu's 'TAO', and other languages, make me wonder if I could write
something similar.  Just for me, so to speak.  A bit of fun.

I did look at the possibility of going down the traditional route of
[F]Lex/Yacc[Bison] and 'C', but it would be nice to write it in Ruby.
Alright, it would be one interpreted language interpreting another,
but as I said, 'a bit of fun'.  That's if two small children and a
scary wife allow me the time of course!!

I see there are ruby-lex and ruby-yacc modules on RAA - anybody used
these in anger and are they complete/good-enough?

Has anybody done this kind of thing before?  Not being a) a genius, b)
Matz, or c) the owner of a fine beard, can anybody recommend any good
URL's/tutorials/perhaps even books?

I could grow a beard of course...

--

All the best