Masao Mutoh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ruby-GetText-Package-0.9.0 is now available.
>
> Highlights
> ----------
> CGI/ERB is now supported.
>
> It is inspired from "Using Gettext To Translate Your
> Rails Application"[*1]. The documentation is very
> nice for an application, but not complete as a
> framework. Because it allows only a textdomain
> (messages.mo only).
> I'm not good at RoR, so I can't improve it now,
> but I hope someone try "real L10n support" on ROR.
>
> [*1] http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/book/16

Ah, thank you Masao, I will integrate this as soon as I can. Much
appreciated.

The reason for hacking Ruby-GetText to only use one mo file is that
virtually any "web" application I know only has one. This has probably
to do something with the amount of files you can have in a web app. For
example, a web app can have hundreds of template files. You surely
wouldn't want to have hundreds of mo files or use #bindtextdomain all
over the place. And if you do you can simply not use the hack ;)

You are right about the usage as a framework. It would be nice if this
behavior would be configurable so one can use whatever fits best.

Sascha Ebach