On 4/27/05, Blaine Buxton <blainebuxton / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am proud to announce a new user group, Omaha, NE Ruby User's Group. Our
> first meeting is just a simple get together. I'll be there with my laptop.
> The only planned topic is to be bring your favorite pieces of Ruby code or
> your curiousity. Hope to see a lot of people there! Make sure you sign up on
> the mailing list at http://www.blainebuxton.com/orug/index.html. Here's the
> information of the when and where:
> When: May 2, 2005
> Where:Panera @ Eagle Run Shopping Center
> 13410 West Maple Road
> Omaha, NE 68164
>
> The first meeting is just an informal get together. I did not reserve the
> back room and will get there early to get us a nice corner to hack in. I'll
> bring my Pick Axe book so if you see a long haired freak typing madly away
> on his laptop, stop on by and you'll know you have the right person by the
> pick axe book....=) I promise I'll only bite if you talk about java...=)
> (just kidding) Hope to meet a lot of new cool people!
> --
> Blaine Buxton, Mad Scientist In Training
> My Amps: Smalltalk, Lisp, and Ruby
> http://www.blainebuxton.com

I'm tempted to tell my Dad and brother about this, since they both
live in Omaha. Of course, neither of them has messed with Ruby at all.
Heck, my brother doesn't even have his own computer, and does most of
his geeking out in front of the library machines. So maybe not :-)

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/