> Isn't the thing that makes code completion difficult the fact that
> most Ruby tools don't have a proper notion of a "Project"?  PHP has a
> similar issue, but in Eclipse I can define a PHP project.  It scans
> the source and presto completion works and so does a lot of other
> great stuff!

Not sure what a "project" is in this context, but I think the real
problem is that quite a few ruby libraries are rather dynamic: have a
look at soap4r and the recently launched classifier library.  When you
use those, the methods that you're using most don't exist until
runtime; especially with soap it would be very difficult to do code
completion properly.  I'm also a Ruby newby, so I can't say how common
runtime method additions are, but from what I've seen they are rather
popular, and they make code completion nearly impossible.