At Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:44:30 +0900, Fu Limin wrote:

> Tao is an object-oriented scripting language with dynamic-typing
> variables supporting complex data structures. It has powerful text
> processing ability such as string regular expression matching.

Up to now I thought that scripting languages by definition have
powerful text processig ability. But perhaps I am misunderstanding the
meaning of 'scripting'.

> It provides built-in numerical data types such as complex number and
> multi-dimensional numeric array, and their corresponding operations

'corresponding operations' is not very clear when it comes to arrays.
The operations can be as fundamental as matrix addition and as complex
as diagonalization.

> and computations are very convenient in Tao.

In most cases that count computations must be 1. fast, 2. fast and 3.
fast. To give an example: It is nice if matrix.fourier_transform but
it is much more important that the transformation is a fast Fourier
transform. If it isn't all the syntax candy is worth nothing.

> It can be easily extended with C++, through a simple and transparent
> interface.

Why C++?

Could you explain what made it necessary to create yet another
programming language instead of improving an existing one (e.g. Ruby)?
I hope you *did* ask yourself this question :-|

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt