I believe David has added support for templating into rails based on
some work by Jamis Buck (if my memory serves). You can use these hooks
to invoke whatever templating system you would like. I know that
Amrita2 has an example in its package. Although I am new to working
with Amrita2, it looks very exciting, you may want to check it out.
http://amrita2.rubyforge.org/
I am planning on using it with Rails myself.