On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 04:38:04 +0900, "Mitch Vincent" <mitch / venux.net>
wrote:

>> >  You don't need comment when  the code is very well written.
>
>    I don't think that could be further from the truth... Code that is well
>written can still be extremely complex and hard for anyone to understand..

There may be cases where well-written code is "extremely complex and
hard for anyone to understand", but they are in my experience very
few. I can't think one one example, actually.

One of the primary purposes of source code is to communicate with
other people, including future versions of ourselves.

If some code seems to need comments, I work to improve the clarity and
simplicity of the code. When I can't make the code any more clear and
simple, if it still seems to need comments, I'll add them.

It might be interesting to take some Ruby code here and see if we can
make it not need comments.

Regards,

Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgramming.com