Dave Fayram wrote:
> Documentation can lie. Code cannot lie. Therefore, the code is
> authorative. :)

I generally find argument by non sequitur unpersuasive.

Having code that compiles and runs does not mean you have the code you
want.  You merely have the code you have.

This is similar to arguments against unit tests: My code compiles, so it
can't have bugs, so it must be correct, so I do not need unit tests.

And I don't buy that either.

BTW, what should one do when given code that does not pass unit tests?
Assume the main code is authoritative, and therefor correct, and change
the unit test?

James

--

http://www.ruby-doc.org