Dave Fayram wrote:

  But the place for whys is not in the code. The
> code is about hows and whats.

If I have to debug some legacy code, it is because it doesn't work:
  either because it is in error for the current parameters or the
requirements have changed.  It saves a lot
of time if the intent of the function is there with the code.

Unless of course you meant to attack me and the next
> generation of coders personally. In which case, "1-2-3-4, I declare a
> code war!" :)

	No, I don't know you or your coding, so I'll attack those I do know!
And THOSE people should
not make things more difficult for their maintainers.  Good comments
about the intent of functions and algorithms save time and lessen
frustration.  We'll just have to agree to disagree and let YOUR
maintainers have the last word.
	Barry