Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote  on 21 Apr 2001

>Although Python and Ruby share similar target domain, each has totally
>different philosophy behind.  I think that's the reason why some
>Python lovers hate Ruby.

it's not just ruby they hate, they're equal opportunity language haters :/

>Be nice to Python people.  They have their reasons to dislike Ruby.

well, i haven't directly flamed any python user yet...actually their reasons
for disliking ruby are probably the same as their reasons for disliking the
rest of the languages: it's not python :/

>Of course we have our reasons to stick with Ruby.

i'm finding ruby a bit more of a learning curve than python was, but i'm
sure the end result will be much more efficient code...

i've just about finished my log module, needs some tweaks before i post
it...

--
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org
http://members.home.net/tsummerfelt1