On 4/27/05, basi <basiibarra / yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi,
> one potentially dumb question: how do i compile or run ruby scripts
> inside jedit. i've gone through all the menus but i can't find the
> usual options like Run, Go, Compile, Debug, etc.
> thanks,
> bi

I haven't implemented those features in the Ruby Editor Plugin for
jEdit yet. The plugin is still quite a new work in progress.  Most of
the last two weeks I've spent implementing method auto-completion, as
that was the feature that appeared most in demand based on the
feedback I've received so far.

If anyone is interested in helping out developing a Ruby debugger
feature for jEdit please give me a shout. The plugin is written in
Java and is free software released under the GPL.

By the way, Ruby doesn't need to be compiled to be run. Bi, for now
you can run scripts from the comand line: ruby code.rb

Cheers,
Rob

http://www.jedit.org/ruby/