On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, John Wells defenestrated me:

> Can anyone tell me A. if it's possible, and B. if not, what remains to be
> done with JRuby to make it possible?  If it may be possible in the future,
> but work remains to be done, I'd like to get involved and help out.

  As far as I know, no one has looked at this yet.   I am guessing making
RoR run within Java could work in one of two ways (and I know little about
RoR so anyone can jump in here -- I plan on learning more soon though :)):

1. Change request evaluation code in RoR to work in a servlets environment
2. Run apps in a full ruby way and run webrick as the server

I have no idea how close RoR evaluation is to the servlets model for 1,
and though we have some very new and very rudimentary sockets support we are
a ways from 2 (because of lacking pieces of socket support).

Also if RoR uses continuations, then this will be a non-starter since
we do not support them yet.

We would welcome any help with JRuby.  Investigating how to integrate RoR
into a J2EE environment would be pretty cool.  Working on socket support
would also be welcome.

If you want to get your hands dirty, you can join one of our JRuby-specific
mailing lists:
  http://jruby.sourceforge.net/contact.shtml

-Tom

--
+ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~enebo +---- mailto:enebo / acm.org ----+
| Thomas E Enebo, Protagonist  | "Luck favors the prepared    |