On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 07:41:05PM +0900, ts wrote:

> C> I am also impressed at how clean the code for ruby is.  It was fairly
> C> easy to figure out what was going on, even with its complete lack of
> C> comment.  (Argh!) :)
>
>  You don't need comment when  the code is very well written.

	'A lot has been said about the benefits of comments, and little
	 or nothing about their cost.  But they do have a cost.  Good
	 code, like good prose, comes from constant rewriting.  To
	 evolve, code must be malleable and compact.  Interlinear
	 comments make programs stiff and diffuse, and so inhibit the
	 evolution of what they describe.'

		(from "ANSI Common Lisp", by Graham)

Whenever I'm trying to understand code written by someone else, typically
the first thing I do is run it through 'sed' to get rid of the comments.

David S.