Conrad Schneiker wrote:

> Well, IMNSHO, it also seems like a very *minor* sort of "deliberate insult",
> bordering on playful ribbing, albeit a little 'bird-brained'. :-)

I was also going to say that it would be helpful to interpret his
comments with a little charity. Guido is not a political person and none
of his communications are particularly deliberate from a political point
of view. Ruby really does have some Perlisms and (from his point of
view) some Pythonisms and it would be strange for him to talk about a
language that merges Perl and Python WHILE IT IS STILL APRIL without at
least jokingly mentioning Parrot.

I suspect that in the end, the syntax issue will be a major dividing
fault line in the Ruby/Python world. A lot of Python users run to Python
to get away from Perl's syntax. Guido's just stating the truth in his
way.

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.