Dave Thomas wrote  on 20 Apr 2001

> This was the first question in the Slashdot interview of Guido van

> Interesting attitude.

first off he's the leader of pythonology

second, it was a deliberate insult to compare ruby to 'parrot'

third, EVERYBODY in the python community as a chip on their shoulder about
every other language.

here's a paraphrased example:

me: ruby is a lot easier to embed than python is.

anon. python user: bullshit!

this python user was probably pretty close to a python guru and knew python
and embedding about as well as one could. last time he looked at ruby he
found it 'thoroughly uninteresting' so hadn't seen ruby since v1.4.x and not
programmed in it, and definitely not embedded it.

i stick by my statement: python should be renamed to 'ostrich'

--
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org
http://members.home.net/tsummerfelt1