On Apr 22, 2005, at 6:43 PM, Francis Hwang wrote:

> Oh, yeah, this is a good way to stop a troll. Declare war, and then
> force everybody to pick a side. I know I come to mailing lists so I
> can engage in endless debates about who's being more rude.

We should head off all such debates by defining a particular person to
be 'The Rudest.'  I hereby volunteer to be the rudest person on this
list.  This means that by official fiat, no one can be more rude than
me.  Unfortunately, this is not setting the bar very high.

On a barely related note, my Lisp-er coworker was talking with me about
inheritance in Smalltalk, Ruby, and Lisp.  It turns out that in Common
Lisp Object System, the superclass of Object is T, or their "true".  In
Smalltalk and Ruby, however, the superclass of Object is "nil."

Hence Lisp springs from "Truth."  While Smalltalk and Ruby spring from
the "void" or "nothingness."  There is an eastern/western religion
thing in there somewhere.

--Peter

--
There's neither heaven nor hell, save what we grant ourselves.
There's neither fairness nor justice, save what we grant each other.