On 04/22/2005 08:16 PM, pat eyler wrote:
> Announcing the Ruby Programming Shop (RPS)
>
> It's no secret that there is a lot of Ruby code out there that needs
> to be cleaned
> up (it's old, untested, undocumented, and maybe even abandoned). The RPS
>  povides a way to 'rescue' that code and make it shine. We'll limit
> ourselves to
> free software, and will contact the original author (when possible) to
> get his/her
> blessing.
>
> There are a lot of Ruby-nubies out there (and more every day). They (and we)
> could all use the opportunity to sit down with a veteran Ruby programmer, to
> learn 'the Ruby way'. The RPS will give them the opprtunity to do just that.
>
> We'll pick one library to work on for two months at a time, this will
> a project.
> One person (or a Ruby Brigade) will take charge of coordinating each project.
> Every project will be split into 4-5 two week iterations. Each iteration will
> conclude with a release to the community of the work done so far. Each
> project will conclude with a final release of the project back to the original
> maintainer (should one exist) or to a new maintainer (if the library was
>  abandoned).
>
> Please join us at our wiki:
>    http://therps.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

Huh? On a rubyforge site what wiki.pl (perl) is for?

> and on our mailing list:
>      http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/therps-discuss/

Both the mailing-list archiver 'pipermail' and mailing-list manager
'mailman' are python powered here too; but why?

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman            Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer)   Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192