Jim Weirich a ˝─rit :
> On Thursday 21 April 2005 05:14 pm, Lionel Thiry wrote:
>
>>---8<---
>>You have requested to uninstall the gem:
>>         rails-0.11.1
>>instiki-0.10.0 depends on [rails (= 0.11.1)]
>>If you remove this gems, one or more dependencies will not be met.
>>Continue with Uninstall? [Yn]
>>---8<---
>>
>>I've said yes to both but I have no idea if it was the thing to do.
>

> Your version of instiki requires version 0.11.1 of rails.  You presumably have
> version 0.11.1 and a later version installed.  The cleanup command wants to
> remove 0.11.1 (since you have a later version), but the instiki program
> cannot use the later version (because it explicitly says = 0.11.1).  Removing
> rails 0.11.1 will probably cause instiki to fail.

Mmm, so I made a mistake.

But well, shouldn't the "n" anwser be the default? Who wants to break
dependencies? I personnaly didn't want it.

And is it really necessary to ask such a question? I mean, if one really wants
to remove a gem, action which could break depencies, wouldn't it be better for
him to explicitly force it? With something like:

  gem unsinstall --force the_gem_I_really_want_to_remove

No? What do you think about it?

--
Lionel Thiry

Personal website: http://users.skynet.be/lthiry/