Hi,

In message "Re: [EVALUATION] - E03e - The Ruby Object Model (Summary)"
    on Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:04:16 +0900, "David A. Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> writes:

|> |What would: (class << obj; self; end)  give you if there's no
|> |singleton class?
|>
|> In that case, it would give you a (perhaps one-time only) class-like
|> object described above.
|
|So....
|
|   x = class << obj; self; end
|   y = class << obj; self; end
|
|x and y would be two class-like objects, instead of one class?  Also,
|what exactly is a class-like object?

Perhaps.  And the latter question is hard to answer, since it still is
a vague idea.  I just don't want to deny the possibility of different
implementation.

|Maybe there should be singleton modules instead of singleton
|classes....  (That would also solve the problem of "singleton class"
|having two meanings.)

I'm not sure why singleton modules are better than singleton classes.

							matz.