>1. Parameterised Types / Template Classes
	>
	>Are there any plans to add the above to Ruby? If not how do you guys
	>think the best way to implement type (class) safe generic data
	>structures is?

Since Ruby is typeless, I'm not sure what you mean here.  You could
always overload add on a container to ensure elements were of a
certain type, or responded to a certain method.

	>2. Invariants / Pre|Post Conditions
	>
	>Is there anything in the works to be able to have Eiffel-like invariants
	>and pre/post conditions without having an overhead of checking for a

I've been working on this off and on, and have developed several
solutions to add invariants and pre- and postconditions that
behave properly with inheritance and so on.  As soon as we get
the next major portion of the Ruby book out of the way, I hope
to get back to this.

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development