> Conrad Schneiker wrote:

(snip)

> I don't know why I didn't check this out back then.  I must say I agree
> with Hal on how impressive it is, just based on the short amount
> of time I have been trying it out.
> Installation was simply unzipping two files, moving two delphi system files
> to c:\windows\system, and then double-clicking the bin\apollo.rb file.
> I was amazed also at how easy it seems, and how stable it initially feels.
"bin\apollo.rb" may be "bin\apollo.exe".
"apollo.exe" is the simple Ruby IDE for Apollo.
It works only in Windows.
To my regret, Project Apollo doesn't have "apollo.rb"

# "apollo.rb" means the Ruby IDE which written in Apollo.

You know, Apollo is mainly developed by the Japanese.
So, the ML(ap-list) is for the Japanese and almost all
the Apollo's documents are written in Japanese.

# But, Japanese Apollo's Documents are few (^^; .

The Delphi documents and sample\ap-rbbr\ap-rbbr.rb
(Ruby Browser for Apollo) will help you write Apollo script.

# ap-rbbr.rb is derived from Ruby/GTK's rbbr.rb
# which is written by Hiroshi Igarashi, the Ruby/GTK developer.
# And I hope ap-rbbr.rb will work on Windows
# other than Japanese Windows.

If you have Delphi 5, you can write Ruby Extended Library
by Delphi/Object Pascal.
But, Apollo script doesn't need the whole parts of Delphi.

# I don't know Delphi 3 or 4 is usable.
# But, I hear C++ Builder is usable.

If you are interested in Apollo, please try it.

# Because Apollo's Ruby is a little diffrent from original Ruby,
# I write "Apollo script" instead of "Ruby script" in this mail.

NISHIO Mizuho
e-mail : mzh / portnet.ne.jp