----- Original Message -----
From: Jilani Khaldi <jilanik / tin.it>
To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 1:06 AM
Subject: [ruby-talk:13914] Ruby/GUI option: Ruby/Apollo (Delphi VCL)

> Well, but I can't find the source code of Phi (phi.pas), so I can't
> understand its logic and contribute to its evolution. I wonder if this
> project is open, semi-open or something else?

Suggest you email the author: mailto:moriq / moriq.com
Of course, he didn't do the web page translation himself, so his
English may not be good.

> Remember that Delphi comunity is very large and it is very interesting
> to have a full-featured interpreter like Ruby in Delphi (Kylix)
> applications.

I agree. In fact, I think Kylix will help the future of Linux as well.

> I can't find any english documentation about Apollo (other than source,
> fortunately Pascal is very redable), and the mailing list is only in
> Japanese. If Apollo is written only for Japanese then Good-Bye, else
> let's (Ruby and open source comunity) know about some english
> documentation and the fully open source so we can contribute partecipate
> to the
> party.

I'm sure it's not just "for" the Japanese, else why bother to translate the
web
page?

One problem may be: Maybe the developers simply don't know English.
Many Japanese know no English at all. (If someone asked me to translate
my docs INTO Japanese, I don't know what I'd do... :))

Of course, programmers often hate to write documentation. It may be that
there
is little of it even in Japanese.

Suggestions:
1. Again, email the author.
2. Put the Apollo docs on the list of material to be translated. (Where is
that
    maintained? I forgot.)
3. Run any Japanese docs through an automatic translator. Crude, yes, but
    often better than nothing.

Cheers,
Hal