Conrad Schneiker wrote:

> Some time ago, Hal Fulton had some good things to say about Apollo:
>
>     http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/4815
>
> I'm not familiar with it, but for those of you who are interested, I am
> posting a note that I recently received from YOSHIDA Kazuhiro:
> # Apollo is a Ruby extension library of Delphi VCL.  Kylix can use
> # only beta yet in Japan, but was able to port Apollo in at hand.  I
> # am glad that I have you test Apollo as one of alternative in GUI
> # with Ruby.
> #   http://www.users.yun.co.jp/~moriq/apollo/index-en.html
> #
> # Thank you.
>
> And thanks for telling us.
>
> Some brief quotes from that last link might also be of interest:

I don't know why I didn't check this out back then.  I must say I agree
with Hal on how impressive it is, just based on the short amount
of time I have been trying it out.
Installation was simply unzipping two files, moving two delphi system files
to c:\windows\system, and then double-clicking the bin\apollo.rb file.
I was amazed also at how easy it seems, and how stable it initially feels.

But again, I have to try it some more.

Thanks Conrad for this reminder, and of course thanks go to
Kazuhiro Yoshida :-)

Guy N. Hurst

--
HurstLinks Web Development    http://www.hurstlinks.com/
Norfolk, VA  23510            (757)623-9688 FAX 623-0433