On Apr 20, 2005, at 10:32 AM, Thomas Kirchner wrote:

> The problem is that Ilias reduces everyone's motive and efficiency,
> while giving nothing back.  He claims he's doing "evaluations", which
> if done constructively could help.  However, he doesn't listen to
> anything anyone says, no matter how much more experienced they are,
> and often goes into completely unrelated rants that are too rude even
> for an [OT] marker.  I try to be sensitive about his... how shall I put
> it... failure to grasp the English language, as I know many posters
> aren't native speakers.  I've had to deal with him in several
> newsgroups - I have a feeling you haven't had the pleasure :)

No, I haven't even had the pleasure of dealing with him in this
newsgroup. Because I don't read his posts.

>> I mean, I can't help but thinking that a bunch of people are wasting
>> too much energy on bitching about other people, and too little energy
>> on learning how to use a ML/newsgroup client with decent threading
>> support.
>
> You're right, there's a lot of bitching, and I wish it could be
> avoided.
> Ilias is just prolific.  I'm sure more people would simply ignore the
> threads if it were easy to do so - and if you can provide a mutt macro
> that can somehow delete his threads and all replies without some sort
> of
> [ilias] tag, I'd love it.

Doesn't mutt support message threading? Isn't it fairly easy to see
which threads are started by Ilias, and ignore them?

Nobody is forcing you to read every message sent out on ruby-talk.

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/