Subject: Re: emacs ruby-mode statement modifier indent problem?
	Date: mer, apr 20, 2005 at 07:11:46 +0900

Quoting nobu.nokada / softhome.net (nobu.nokada / softhome.net):

> Your original ruby-mode.el seems old.  Try latest snapshot.

I got revision 1.89 from www.ruby-lang.org (apparently modified only
47 hours ago). with it, editing this file:

class z
  @a=1.0
  @b=2.0

  def y
    c=@a/@b

after the division, on line 6, indentation (with TAB) does not work
anymore. Add spaces before  any of the two 'end' lines, and try to
type TAB on them: nothing happens.  Same with modulo:

class z
  @a=1
  @b=2

  def y
    c=@a%@b

In the first case, if I double the slash:

class z
  @a=1.0
  @b=2.0

  def y
    c=@a//@b

emacs indents properly (but the code does not work). This is not true
with %'s: a double percentage sign does not change the malfunction.

I tried with the 'reverted' ruby-expr-beg function that was posted
yesterday by Mike Shire, and both of the above examples indent OK!

I have patched my ruby-mode.el with it. I will let you know if I
notice something else is broken.

Carlo