Guerry Semones <gsemones / treenleaf.com> wrote in
>I hate to respond to my own post, but apparently when I load a Ruby file
>into SciTE, it does a pretty good first pass at colorizing.  Exploring
>around a bit, I see a Tools>Use Lexer menu option.  There I see that the
>Lexer chosen is "none".  When I switch the lexer to "Python", some
>colorization goes away, primarily END statements....  Hm.  If I then
>switch the lexer back to "none", *all* colorization goes away (even
>though that was the Lexer chosen when I opened and things looked pretty
>good.
>
>Now to find out which lexer is *really* being opened with Ruby....
>
>Later,
>
>Guerry

...see python.properties which also does the Ruby mapping.
Guerry, I am not eager to do the "first step" on my own, but I think
there is some need to coordinate this.

What I have done so far (3 hours or so):
- extracted the ruby specific stuff from python.properties into
ruby.properties - added "include ruby" to SciTeGlobal.properties
- copied and modified LexPython.cxx to LexRuby.cxx
- extended the menu to include "Options->Use Lexer->Ruby"

As I noted in my first post in this thread I volunteer to "complete" the
first phase, still leaving open a lot of room for more. But if you want
to do this feel free, but please let me know.

Thanks and regards
Clemens