In article <1113751962.230605.6545.nullmailer / x31.priv.netlab.jp>,
  Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> writes:

> Did we discuss whether sysread should handle EINTR internally or not?
> I'm afraid I forgot some reason not to handle it.

Since there is only signal, SIGVTALRM, which have a handler
without SA_RESTART in Ruby, there is no reason to handle EINTR in
script level, now.

However automatic restarting is a headache for proper signal handling,
as you considered to drop SA_RESTART in [ruby-dev:25762].  It is
applicable not only in C level but also in Ruby script level.
--
Tanaka Akira