On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:31:59 +0900, Hal Fulton wrote:

> ..OldCloth, NewCloth? (Sorry, I went to a Dr. Seuss exhibit
> here in town.)
>
> I want to know what's the best way to manage a file that has
> both text and HTML versions. (Yes, I'm talking about the
> comp.lang.ruby FAQ, which should autopost tomorrow.)

I realise this is the Ruby newsgroup and it's the Ruby FAQ you're talking
about, but you could maintain a single XML-based version and use XSLT to
extract both text and HTML (and just about any other format you care to
mention) using tools that are on every modern Windows PC or Linux system.

Downside - no Ruby required...