"rise" <rise / knavery.net> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.30.0104181116590.458-100000 / leannan.knavery.net...
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Karl Lopes wrote:
>
> >   Just wondering if anyone has seen this before, and
> > if so, if there is any other solution besides
> > rebooting.
>
> Sorry, my reply should have read "you may be able to use Ctl-Alt-Del to
> bring up a program list and kill the application".

I had exactly the same problem. Killing the winoldapp with Ctl-Alt-Del
works, but the original ruby program could not be killed, not even with
advanced process viewers (I tried several). Even the smallest programs that
used Tk crashed like this.

I'm using W2K now which has real process management, so for me the problem
is solved, but it looked like a bug to me.