Jonathan Conway wrote,

# On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Karl Lopes wrote:
#
# >   Just wondering if anyone has seen this before, and
# > if so, if there is any other solution besides
# > rebooting.
#
# It should be possible to use  to kill the process that's keeping the
# window open.
#
# > Often when I kill a TkFrame which I built using Ruby
# > Tk, it hangs and I get a "winoldap" not responding
# > error. Rebooting seems to be the only way out.
#
# What code are you using to kill the TkFrame?  There may be something
# lingering after the close.

I think most of the people who are familiar with Ruby/Tk internals and use
mainly live on the Japanese mail lists, so you might want to request that
someone forward a translated note to those forums.

IIRC, there was some possibly same/similar/related problem mentioned for
something vaguely like this on comp.lang.tcl concerning Win9* systems not
too long ago. (It's one of those 100s of things that I very quickly
skimmed over without really reading, so I'm not sure if it's relevant or
not.) I don't have time at the moment to search for it, but you or Karl
might want to try:

If this doesn't turn up something reasonably quickly, you could also post
a question on comp.lang.tcl and ask if anyone has seen a similar problem
with Tcl/Tk on your platform of interest. They are a reasonably friendly,
helpful, and responsive group.

Conrad Schneiker