Hello All,

I am curious as to the general concensus and reaction to me asking a
question that is most probably almost embarrassing in it's stupidity.

Shall we find out?

Let's say I wanted to convert a bunch of numbers to their ascii values.

Why doesn't this work?

1.upto(9) do |x|
	puts ?#{x}
end

I am in my first few hours of Rubydom so please - pity.  Not ridicule!
;-)

Thanks in advance...

SM

Equinox Converged Solutions
Tel: +44 (0)1252 405 600
http://www.equinoxsolutions.com
Equinox Converged Solutions is a trading name of Synetrix Holdings Limited.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This message is intended solely for the use of the Individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.  All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of Synetrix Holdings Limited.
Synetrix Holdings Limited accepts no responsibility  for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.