B. K. Oxley (binkley) wrote:
> To use fxirb I need fox12 but am having difficulty using gem to install
> it on Cygwin.  What is the suggestion for getting fox ruby support for
> Cygwin?

Here is how I did it.

* Download Fox 1.2.16 (latest in Fox 1.2.x series corresponding with the
1.2.x fxruby sources) and unpack.

* Configure thus:

     $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --without-xcursor

For whatever reason, since Fox's configure script saw I had a xcursor.h
header, it hooked in Xcursor support even though Fox otherwise
recognized that I was on a Windows system (note that I did not say
--with-x).  This was ok as far as it went, except that it broke the
compile as the X libraries were not in the link paths.  Simply saying
--wihtout-xcursor fixed that

* Build normally, install.

     $ make && make install

* Build fxruby

     $ gem install fxruby

Select the 1.2.5 (ruby) version, the lastest that builds from source.

All done!

Cheers,
--binkley