On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Karl Lopes wrote:

>   Just wondering if anyone has seen this before, and
> if so, if there is any other solution besides
> rebooting.

It should be possible to use  to kill the process that's keeping the
window open.

> Often when I kill a TkFrame which I built using Ruby
> Tk, it hangs and I get a "winoldap" not responding
> error. Rebooting seems to be the only way out.

What code are you using to kill the TkFrame?  There may be something
lingering after the close.

--
Jonathan Conway 	   The thing about Unix is that all the hoops are
rise / knavery.net           flaming, so at least you know where they are...