Dan Janowski schrieb:

> The OCI8 library can exec to Oracle in polling mode, i.e. the OCI call
> does not block in the oracle layer. The ruby interface uses polling to
> allow other ruby green threads to run. The only restriction is one
> polled exec per connection to the database. For multiple query threads,
> you must open a connection session for each query.

Thanks Dan, I had never heard of the polling mode. When reading about it
in the Oracle docs I also found a publish / subscribe mechanism, where
the client can be asynchronously notified of server events. Interesting
stuff! I wish it would be available in JDBC too, but it doesn't seem so.

Regards,
Pit