Lyndon Samson <lyndon.samson / gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this your homework young Martin :-) Maybe you should post it to rentacoder.

What is "young"? What is "homework"?

>> Any "bored" Ruby guru out there who can take a look how much
>> effort a port from Perl to Ruby interfaces would take?

To be more clear, what I want to know is:

Is it enough to write a working interface module/definition/whatever,
or is it known that C modules which run fine with Perl need additional
work because e.g. Rubys runtime GC requires tagging of all memory
allocations or similar reworking of the C side.

In the first case I may be able to guess it myself (guessing from other
Ruby lib module examples), in the later case I won't even try, that
learning step is too steep for first time.

Martin