> Do you know when the last "extraction" has been done (making it safe for
> your finalizer to run)?  Can you use that knowledge to explicitly run
> the finalization method, instead of waiting for the GC?

Theoretically, I could use that knowledge - but again, compare
"explicitely running the finalization method" and "letting the
destructor do its job on its own". That's why I pretend (real)
destructors are superior in that circumstance. The ability to
explicitely ask for a GC run would also be a little superior since
this can be done at a single location of the program, whereas there
can be a large number of these "extractions". Back to my initial
question I guess.

But even that solution is hardly an option since the last "extraction"
can't be told :/

(sorry if some of my messages look harsh; I really appreciate all
answers, thank you all)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zarb.org/~gc/