On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Erich Schubert wrote:

> IOWA is surely an interesting development, but it lacks the most
> important features (like deeply integrated caching), but it already has some
> things i don't want:
>
> - i don't want the Ruby part to know anything about HTML or event to
> modify my pages ( <a oid="log"> <--- i don't want this)

That's a very interesting statement... I don't know if this is the forum
to get into this, but the major design goal of IOWA was precisely the
opposite: the Ruby part should know as much as possible about HTML so that
the developer doesn't have to.  I find systems like PHP, etc, very
difficult to deal with because the developer is constantly having to
generate various pieces of html syntax by hand; I wanted to abstract all
this away.  To put it another way - when the HTML template is being
written by a web designer and not the developer, I would much rather that
the IOWA library have intimate knowledge of the template's structure and
the developer have none, than the other way around.