> If you haven't already, you might also want to take a look at iowa
> (http://beta4.com/iowa), which isn't exactly what you describe but might
> make an interesting foundation for it. </plug>

IOWA is surely an interesting development, but it lacks the most
important features (like deeply integrated caching), but it already has some
things i don't want:

- i don't want the Ruby part to know anything about HTML or event to
modify my pages ( <a oid="log"> <--- i don't want this)
- single page development style instead of site development style
- caching?

Also i see no concept or design goals on the iowa page.
Looks to much like a hack, somewhat like "let's to PHP in Ruby".

eRuby seems to be a better place to start.

The place to start development might even be an apache handler.

Greetings,
Erich