On Apr 12, 2005, at 8:04 AM, Bil.Kleb / NASA.gov wrote:

> MIT has put GPSs on their shuttle buses and shows
> bus locations via the web so you can minimize
> your wait time,
>
>  http://shuttletrack.mit.edu/allroutes.php
>
> The backend is Perl and the front end is PHP,
>
>  http://shuttletrack.mit.edu/code.php
>
> They offer a challenge: "You think you can do
> something more efficiently? Let us know."

Hmm, I browsed through the source a bit.  It's pretty interesting
stuff.  The Perl is surprisingly clean and straight forward.  I'm not
very familiar with PHP, but I can tell what those files are doing.

Other that making the code much prettier though, I don't have any
clever ideas to revolutionize the process.  Does anyone else?

James Edward Gray II