On Apr 11, 2005 11:33 PM, Saynatkari <ruby-ml / magical-cat.org> wrote:
> Hey, it is not that bad. See the snippet at the end that
> I wrote for a 'native' extension. The code is not all that
> great (I was mainly trying to get it to just work) but
> that Apache Portable Runtime is some truly horrible stuff.

Yes, it is, and this is one of the main reasons I want something more
"ruby-like" than the straight up Ruby SWIG bindings.  "Er, pools?  Why
should I have to think about pools?  This is Ruby, for goodness
sakes!"  The thing is ugly, even by C standards.

> Someone is already working on a SVN extension to go with the RSCM
> project... I would suggest taking a look if you can help there
> instead?

Yes, but it seems that they're creating a wrapper for the svn client,
not using the client libraries directly.  So they can get no more
functionality than the client itself offers.  Which is quite possibly
(or probably, even) not going to be enough to meet my needs.
--
Bob Aman