Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> I have images that have a bunch of different aspect ratios.  When I
> generate a thumbnail of those different images, I want all the
> thumbnails to have the same image ratio.  Currently, I can only have
> the thumbnails have the same width OR the same height, and not both at
> the same time.
>
> Any ideas as for the algorithm to do this?  Or is there some function
> inside RMagick that does something similar to this?

Do you mean you want to resize an image to a specific size without
retaining its current aspect ratio? Just specify the desired new width
and height when you call #resize:
http://www.simplesystems.org/RMagick/doc/image3.html#resize

In general you can use the #change_geometry method to compute a new
image geometry. Here's a couple of links:

http://www.simplesystems.org/RMagick/doc/comtasks.html#resizing
http://www.simplesystems.org/RMagick/doc/image1.html#change_geometry