On Apr 11, 2005 2:58 PM, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk / gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses (check out www.jerrymahan.com for the result).
>
> Another RMagick question:
>
> I'm trying to get the width and height (in pixels) of an image.  I've
> searched the docs and the closest I can find to what I want is the
> geometry string.  But the string is something like
> Isn't there an easier way to get the width/height of an image?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Aha, I think I'd use rows() and columns() for that.

Yet another question!

I have images that have a bunch of different aspect ratios.  When I
generate a thumbnail of those different images, I want all the
thumbnails to have the same image ratio.  Currently, I can only have
the thumbnails have the same width OR the same height, and not both at
the same time.

Any ideas as for the algorithm to do this?  Or is there some function
inside RMagick that does something similar to this?