On Apr 11, 2005 7:24 PM, ritchie <ritchie / ipowerhouse.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I'm new to rails, started today really, and am wondering how
> to shoehorn my existing php setup into it.

What does your current PHP do?

How does it do it?

What do your current URLs look like?

It sounds like you want your templates to call your controller. That's
somewhat anti-MVC, because in MVC it is the controller which calls the
template. By default Rails will load the template with the same name
as the current action for you. You can call code easily from the
template by putting code in the relevant helper module, but by putting
anything more than view code in there you'll probably not be using
Rails as much as you can.

Douglas