Lucas Carlson wrote:

> I would like to announce a new module called Classifier for Ruby.
>
> With it, you can do things like:
>
> ===
> require 'classifier'
> b = Classifier::Bayes.new 'Interesting', 'Uninteresting' # supports any
> number of categories of any name
> b.train_interesting "here are some good words. I hope you love them"
> b.train_uninteresting "here are some bad words, I hate you"
> b.classify "I hate bad words and you" # returns 'Uninsteresting'
> ===

This is wonderful and might make a nice addition to Rails software that
already offers manual tagging and/or categorization which is quite a
common thing to have. Perhaps it would be a good idea to also announce
it over there.

I don't know if this is already possible, but b.train(:interesting, ...)
would make an interesting alternative API which would be more flexible.