I would like to announce a new module called Classifier for Ruby. It is
available from:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/classifier/

or simply

gem install classifier

With it, you can do things like:

===
require 'classifier'
b = Classifier::Bayes.new 'Interesting', 'Uninteresting' # supports any
number of categories of any name
b.train_interesting "here are some good words. I hope you love them"
b.train_uninteresting "here are some bad words, I hate you"
b.classify "I hate bad words and you" # returns 'Uninsteresting'
===

Or if you would like persistence:

===
require 'classifier'
require 'madeleine'
m = SnapshotMadeleine.new("bayes_data") {
    Classifier::Bayes.new 'Interesting', 'Uninteresting'
}
m.system.train_interesting "here are some good words. I hope you love
them"
m.system.train_uninteresting "here are some bad words, I hate you"
m.take_snapshot
m.system.classify "I love you" # returns 'Interesting'
===

Please send me any feedback about this library, including how you plan
to use it or extend it.

Thank you!
-Lucas Carlson
http://rufy.com/