= Cmd 0.7.0 (initial release)

I am very pleased to announce the initial public release of Cmd (version 0.7.0).

  http://cmd.rubyforge.org/

== What is Cmd?

cmd is a library for building line-oriented command interpreters in Ruby.
Simply inherit from cmd's Cmd class, and methods whose names start with do_
become interactive commands. cmd is inspired by the Python library [1] of the
same name, but offers a distinctive Ruby feel and several additional features.

Documentation, examples, a mini tutorial and more can be found at:

  http://code.vernix.org/cmd/

Take a look at the README:

  http://code.vernix.org/cmd/rdoc/

== Download and Install

  http://code.vernix.org/cmd/#download for various packaging formats.

  With RubyGems:

    $ [sudo] gem i cmd -r

  From archive:

    $ wget http://code.vernix.org/cmd/download/cmd-0.7.0.tar.gz
    $ tar -zxvvf cmd-0.7.0.tar.gz
    $ cd cmd*
    $ [sudo] ruby setup.rb

== Examples

There are a few examples of Cmd in action here:

  http://svn.vernix.org/main/library/cmd/trunk/example/

== Todo

Cmd is more usable than not at the moment, but I do have a lot of ideas for
where I'd like it to go. You can see these here.

  http://svn.vernix.org/main/library/cmd/trunk/TODO

== License

MIT

== Thanks