James Britt wrote:

> How would one know?

James,

"Knowing" may be a strong word, but this:
http://rubyforge.org/top/toplist.php?type=downloads is an objective
fact. I interpret it in a certain way, and I don't know any other fact
that contradicts my current interpretation.

You don't need to tell me that just the downloads count is not "beyond
reasonable doubt" standard of proof, but (in the absence of
counter-evidence) it would probably pass the "on the balance of
evidence" test.

 > And what is gained by claiming something for which there is no
objective means of proof or argument?
There is objective means of argument (see above). As for the gains:
1. Hype => publicity => more users => a more rewarding and relevant
hobby for yours truly.
2. Somebody may actually show me that there is a more popular end-user
Ruby application than Instiki. I would be genuinely interested to hear this.

So, come on, let's have a popularity pissing context among Ruby end-user
applications. We may actually learn something useful that way. Any takers?

--
Best regards,

Alexey Verkhovsky

Ruby Forum: http://ruby-forum.org        (moderator)