On Apr 8, 2005 12:01 PM, Richard Lyman <lymans / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 9:33 AM, Richard Lyman <lymans / gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Pretty amazing... especially if you consider that RubyForge opened for
> > > business only about a year and a half ago!
> > >
> > > Curt
> > >

> > How many do we have to go before we can say that we have a 'CPAN'?
> >
> > -Rich
> >

> I guess I was asking more about a number... I have no idea how many
> 'packages' CPAN has.
>
> 1200? 1800? Unknown?
>
> I figured there was somebody here who could give a close estimate...
>
> -Rich

I should look around a bit more before I start to blabber.

I found this page after a bit of googling:

http://www.cpan.org/indices/du-k.gz

... so what part do we care about comparing ourselves to? I know we're
not a Perl clone, but it seems like we'd have won a major 'battle' in
PR if we can say (in some shape or form) that we have a 'collection'
as large as CPAN.

-Rich