Hi Tony,

Tony Targonski wrote:
> Could somebody help me out with FastCGI setup under Apache? I'm
trying
> to make my Rails application to run at at least a moderate speed.
>
> Right now I'm getting empty header/timeout errors with it.

I was trying to do this earlier in the week (on Linux) and I also got
timeouts.  I fixed it by copying the contents of .htaccess into the
<Location > section of my vhost, and removing that file from the
filesystem.  Putting the directives in the config file will also make
it a lot quicker.

The file for my vhost looks like this:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.example.com

    DocumentRoot /opt/sites/example/rails/public

    ErrorLog /opt/sites/example/rails/log/example.apache.log

    <Directory /opt/sites/example/rails/public/>
      AllowOverride none
      Include conf/vhosts/sites/rails.fragment
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

and rails.fragment is exactly the same as the default rails .htaccess
file, but set up for fcgi rather than cgi.

Jon